Suppose a person buying stock were to say, "I'll wait until I get a good return, and then I will buy the stock."
That is ridiculous. He has to invest the money now, or he will make no return at all.
Similarly, the farmer has to plant the seeds before the crop will grow. He has to invest on the front end.
Remember the Bible story about the widow at Zarephath? Elijah, the prophet of God, said to a widow who was gathering sticks at the gate of the city, "Bring me a morsel of bread."
She replied that she had just enough oil and meal to make some food for her son and herself. She said she was gathering "a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it and die."
Elijah said, "Make me a little cake first." In other words, make God a cake first. Be it said to her eternal credit, she violated worldly wisdom and what appeared to be sound thinking. She acted in faith on the Word of God spoken through the prophet. She made God the cake first. She invested on the front end.
"...so there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family. For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the Lord" (I Kings 17:15, 16).
Many Christians boldly say they believe God's promises, but how many are willing to invest on the front end a portion of their material possessions for the work of His Kingdom?
It's the unchangeable law of investment and reward. If you hope to reap the harvest of financial freedom, give first a portion of what you have to God. Then, watch what happens!
Invest on the front end.